6 benefits of online video Getting an effective sales video for your business is both affordable and easy to do this is something you should be investing your resources into sooner rather than later.
1. A picture says a thousand words…
Nothing can compete with the sheer power and efficiency of allowing your customers to press play and take in your sales message. Most traditional websites have 5 to ten pages of text which could take five to ten minutes for someone to read. On video, all of this information can be conveyed within one minute.
2. Video makes the most of the online marketing medium for increasing your sales
Does your website use the online medium to it’s full potential? How many television ads do you see that give you a screen of text to read? It seems obvious but this is the way most people use their website. The Internet gives your website the potential to become your strongest and most consistent sales person in your team. An online video will be word perfect every time, will works 24 hours per day, is guaranteed to always deliver a slick and highly engaging presentation and to top it off - it doesn’t require a salary or a commission from the sales it generates!
3. Control over your message
Video gives you full control over what sales message people take away from your website - and more importantly, tell people about your business and your offer so they are positioned to either contact you immediately, or do their research and read more info (or watch more videos) before they take that step.
4. Forever reaching new eyeballs
This is something more relevant to how you distribute your video content online, but in the context of using video with social media marketing, it is amazing how many people a video will reach.
5. Increased conversion rates It has been proven time and time again how powerful video is for increasing your conversion rates. It is common sense - people are more likely to contact you after watching a sales video in comparison to reading a page of sales copy with the same message. Why do you think that you hardly ever see sales pages these days without video?
6. Targeted exposure Compare for a second the difference in putting a 30 second, screaming for attention, television commercial out to an audience of potentially hundreds of thousands of people to putting a 60 second, soft and yet persuasive sales video online to reach people on Google searching for your product. One could cost you tens of thousands , the other could arguably be setup for less than £200 The other difference is you pay every time you want to promote a video on TV
Some other benefits to consider…
Customers love to press play, but very few enjoy reading sales copy Video makes your business more relevant to online customers (they almost expect it) Video is more effective than any other medium to touch people’s emotions There will only be more and more video content online in the years ahead - you can still be ahead of your industry by investing time and resources into this now